Completing renovations to your home or simply having a good clear out can be a rewarding experience that improves your living conditions. One of the main issues for many people, however, is not knowing how to deal with all the rubbish that accumulates as a result.
This is especially the case if you’re someone who doesn’t have the transport required to take your rubbish to a tip. Of course, you do have the option of hiring a traditional skip but that’s not always suitable either. Unless you’re getting rid of heavy items like bricks or rubble, hiring a skip feels a bit like overkill. You also need a permit to keep your skip on the street and it can be a relatively costly process if you’re not careful.
The good news is that there’s now another option that sits between struggling to remove waste without transport and hiring a traditional skip. The solution I’m referring to here is hiring something called a skip bag.
What is a Skip Bag?
A skip bag is an alternative to a traditional skip that allows you to get rid of rubbish that is lighter than bricks and rubble in a way that is flexible to your plans.
Skip bags are available to hire from a company called Clearabee and can be delivered to you for free one business day after your order has been placed.
What Are the Benefits of a Skip Bag?
Getting rid of your waste with a skip bag is a straightforward process and is likely to be more cost effective for lighter waste than hiring a regular skip for many people.
- Free next day delivery of your skip bag means you can deal with your rubbish quickly and when it suits you.
- A fixed fee means you’ll know exactly how much you’ll be paying to hire your skip bag and have your rubbish taken away. Just make sure you don’t overfill the skip bag to avoid extra charges.
- You get to decide exactly when your skip bag will be collected. This means you’ll have complete control over the whole process and can keep the skip bag for longer periods of time if you are undertaking ongoing renovations or waste removal from your property. In fact, your order is valid for 6 months so you can take your time.
- Nationwide coverage means everyone can make use of the skip bag service and, with just one visit for setup and 95% of waste being diverted from landfills, the process is eco-friendly.
- You can use your skip bag in a different location to your property as long as you let Clearabee know where to collect it from.
- Most waste streams are suitable for skip bags but Clearabee do suggest that you’d probably be better off hiring a traditional skip if you’re getting rid of heavier items such as bricks and rubble.
Who Should Hire a Skip Bag?
Skip bags are suitable for many kinds of situations and people, but the following circumstances fit the criteria perfectly:
- You have a lot of waste that you’d like to be removed from your property.
- You are removing lighter waste and can physically fill the skip bag yourself.
- You don’t have transport available to take your waste away.
- You need to keep hold of the skip bag for a longer period than you likely would with a traditional skip.
If a skip bag doesn’t sound suitable for you and you also don’t want to hire a traditional skip, Clearabee do offer a man and van service. This option is suitable for people who have a lot of waste in different areas of their property, don’t have anywhere to place a skip or skip bag outside of the property, or can’t physically lift the waste into a skip or skip bag on their own.
How Does It Work?
The process of hiring a skip bag is simple and can be made as flexible as you need it to be:
- The first step is to order your skip bag online at Clearabee with a flat fee.
- You’ll be sent your skip bag on the next working day free of charge.
- Place your skip bag no more than 10 metres from a road with reasonable access for collection.
- Fill your skip bag, making sure you don’t overfill.
- Request a collection date online that suits your needs.
- Your waste will be collected and transferred to a recycling facility where over 95% of waste will be diverted from landfill.
How Much Does a Skip Bag Cost?
There are a few different options available to you when hiring a skip bag. It’s worth checking for detailed specifications before ordering:
- Small skip bag – £109.99 including VAT
- Medium skip bag – £139.99 including VAT
- Large skip bag – £209.99 including VAT
Skip bags are a great option for anyone looking to get rid of waste that isn’t as heavy as bricks, rubble or soil. Traditional skip hire can be overkill for many people and can be much more costly and inconvenient. Likewise, not everyone has the transport available to remove waste on their own and needs a service that can meet them in the middle.
The fact that you can order a skip bag online for a fixed fee and have it delivered to your property on the next working day for free makes things easy. Being able to keep hold of the skip bag for 6 months if required means it’s also a suitable option for people with ongoing renovations or clear outs.
As a bonus, knowing that 95% of your waste will be taken to a recycling centre and diverted from landfill means you’ll have less of a negative impact on the environment.
Clearabee provides a wide range of services so if you’re not sure what the best option for you is, it’s well worth getting in touch with online or by phone where their customer support team will be happy to help you.
Collaboration with Clearabee