If you’re looking for a new opportunity working from home, then look no further than EF. Education First is the world’s largest private education organization – reputable and reliable with amazing work-from-home opportunities. They have been running since 1965 and their global mission is one everyone can get behind – open the world through education.
Right now, Education First have a great chance for you to teach English online to children in China. The kids are ages 6-10 and eager to learn from someone like you.
Working with Education First is perfect for students, stay at home parents or retirees looking for something new and challenging. You get to control your own schedule, work from anywhere in the world and shape the next generation and inspire them to speak English.
Each class is a 25 minute block and you can choose to work in the morning or afternoon – 7 days a week. This way it can fit in with whatever else you have going on – and make money doing it. You will teach the same students week after week so you know that you can develop great professional relationships with these kids and really impact their lives.
Some other benefits of working with Education First include –
- Straightforward pre-teaching introduction, including EF-sponsored training
- Easy-to-use custom-designed admin platform and online classroom for remote teachers
- Access to our high-quality lesson materials
- 24/7 teacher support
- Local U.K. EF headquarters for easy communication and payment
- Paid holiday policy and EF pension participation
It doesn’t matter if you’ve never taught before, are a retired teacher or have done it before. EF wants to accept everyone and give everyone the chance to make a difference to people’s lives. It’s perfect for stay at home parents who want to earn some extra cash, or are retired and want to keep your brain active. Really, EF is for anyone with a passion for teaching and education. If this sounds like you then maybe now is the perfect time to take this chance and start teaching with EF.
As a teacher with Education First you will be expected to;
- Deliver 25-minute high-quality and engaging one-on-one online classes to kids ages 6 to 10
- Communicate your availability for lesson hours with our easy-to-use scheduling system
- Have access to prepared lesson materials…and also find your own voice and style for teaching your students
- Give feedback to your students throughout the class and to their parents in post-lesson reporting
You should also have the following qualifications;
- Ability to connect with kids!
- Native English speaker with a Bachelor’s degree in any field
- 40 Hour TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) certification (or higher): submit now or provide when obtained at beginning of contract term
- Experience in early childhood development, teaching, coaching or mentoring is preferred, but not required. Life experiences count
- Excellent cultural awareness, communication and motivational skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of student engagement satisfaction
- Access to a headset, personal computer, and wired Ethernet connection
- Willing to complete an online Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, reimbursed after the successful completion of probation
Candidates must have the availability to teach during the following proposed time frame –
- Availability during the lesson times for Chinese time zones. Peak hours are weekday mornings between 10am and 12:30pm GMT.
- However there are also weekend mornings available too – 9am to 1pm GMT.
- The ability to commit to at least four to eight consecutive weeks – same time slot each week.
Payment & benefits:
Offers start at £9.35 per hour with opportunities to earn up to £11.48 per hour plus bonuses and holiday pay.
Why not join Education First today and start making a difference to people’s lives? The work is amazing, designed to fit around you and incredibly rewarding. Just have a look at what other EF teachers have said:
“I am learning from students every day and feel like I’m really making a difference in students’ lives. It’s very rewarding with EF.” – EF Online Teacher.
“I have found that I love one-on-one teaching even more than classroom teaching. It gets to heart of what students need faster.” – EF Online Teacher.
“Because EF has been so wonderful with me, a rarity, it makes me want to do more — and I love teaching on top of that.” – EF Online Teacher.